High School Seniors
Students who are in their final year of high school may apply for Foundation scholarships. Last year over 200 high school graduates were selected for Foundation scholarships. All applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher. To be eligible to apply, high school graduates (including dual-enrolled participants) must first complete and submit a Gulf Coast State College admissions application and received acknowledgment of acceptance from the College.
Honors Scholarships (criteria change effective December 1, 2020)
The Gulf Coast State College Foundation has changed its 2021-2022 High School Honors Scholarship opportunity criteria. The Foundation welcomes all seniors to apply for the high school honors scholarship. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is March 1, 2020. Please note the following qualifications:
- Applicants must first apply to Gulf Coast State College and be accepted–this includes dual enrolled students. Applicants must have an established GCSC Student ID and GCSC email.
- NEW – Preference will be given to applicants who have applied or going to apply to the Gulf Coast State College Honors Program.
- NEW – Applicants must have an unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors attending a high school in Bay, Gulf or Franklin Counites.
- NEW – The Honors Program scholarship selection committee will determine the award amounts.
- NEW – 2021-2020 Scholarship awards are annual and will not carry over to a 2nd year.
- Applicants are required to submit a reference request to their senior guidance counselor or adviser for GPA verification.
- NEW – Applicants are required to submit two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- NEW – Applicants will be required to answer one essay question, “Please describe your experiences with pursuing your education after Hurricane Michael (if applicable) and during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- NEW – The application deadline is March 1st.
Guidance Counselor or Senior Advisor Recommendations
All qualified HSH applications must have a recommendation from the applicant’s guidance counselor or senior adviser. A recommendation email link is provided inside the HSH application. The applicant must know their counselor or adviser’s email address before submitting the recommendation. All counselor or adviser recommendations are confidential; the applicant will not be able to review the results. It is the responsibility of the applicant (not the counselor or adviser) to track and monitor the recommendation submittal. The Foundation recommends that applicants notify their adviser or counselor before submitting their electronic recommendation. The deadline for submitting recommendations is March 1st.
The Foundation will make all reasonable attempts to recognize scholarship recipients who are graduating high school seniors. However due to the March 15th application deadline, the selection of recipients may not become official before a high school’s senior recognition or graduation ceremonies. The Foundation reserves the right to recognize a high school senior as “a potential scholarship nominee” for recognition purposes; however, please note the nominee may or may not be officially selected by the scholarship committee. The Foundation will not be responsible for any announcements, recognition, or award claims generated by a high school (prior to the official awarding of scholarships) unless pre-approved by the Foundation.