Dates & Deadlines
In order to be eligible to apply for a Foundation scholarship, an applicant must be officially accepted into Gulf Coast State College. This includes all dual-enrolled high school students. Applicants must also be able to log-in to his/her MyGCSC portal and have an active Gulf Coast State College email account. If you are new to the scholarship application process, please review the application steps.
GCSC FOUNDATION CYCLE 2 – 2ND CHANCE SCHOLARSHIP
These scholarships are open to all students attending or planning to attend Gulf Coast State College in the fall or spring. The application period is May 15th to July 15th.
Applicants are required to complete the Foundation’s general scholarship application (including the essay questions) then proceed to complete the “GCSC Foundation Cycle 2 – 2nd Chance Scholarship” application. Incomplete applications or applications received after July 15th will not be considered.
Preference will be given to applicants who missed the first application cycle or who did not receive a general foundation scholarship offer or award during the first awarding cycle.
Cycle 2 – 2nd Chance scholarships can be combined or “stacked” with other forms of financial aid (i.e. Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, Bright Futures, College Pre-Paid Plans, Work-study programs, other Foundation scholarships, or other outside scholarships or grants).
- Have you already received a 20-21 General Foundation Scholarship? If yes, do not go to Step 2.
- Go to www.gulfcoast.edu and log in to your myGCSC account
- Locate the Foundation Scholarship Link
- Log in to your scholarship application portal
- Complete the General Application, including the Essays
- Submit your General Application
- Locate the GCSC Foundation Cycle 2 – 2nd Chance Scholarship in your recommended scholarships tab
- Answer all of the questions on the application
- Submit your Application